Saturday 1 December 2007

Get out your red Christmas yarn - Fire truck freebie!

This is my latest design. I have it written up but have yet to test it.

Fire Truck by Val Campbell, copyright 2007
(Click on picture for larger graph.)


FIRE TRUCK Copyright 2007 by Val Campbell (http://nimbleneedles.blogspot.com)
Supplies: Cotton yarn and 4mm needles.

Cast on 48 stitches.

Rows 1 to 3: Knit across.
Row 4 and all remaining even-numbered rows: knit across.
Row 5: k3, p42, k3
Row 7: k3, p42, k3
Row 9: k3, p9, k3, p17, k3, p10, k3
Row 11: k3, p8, k2, p1, k2, p15, k2, p1, k2, p9, k3
Row 13: k3, p3, k4, p1, k2, p1, k2, p1, k13, p1, k2, p1, k2, p1, k5, p3, k3
Row 15: k3, p4, k4, p1, k3, p1, k15, p1, k3, p1, k6, p3, k3
Row 17: k3, p4, k5, p3, k17, p3, k7, p3, k3
Row 19: k3, p4, k35, p3, k3
Row 21: k3, p4, k35, p3, k3
Row 23: k3, p4, k35, p3, k3
Row 25: k3, p5, k2, p7, k4, p20, k1, p3, k3
Row 27: k3, p6, k2, p6, k6, (p1, k2) x 5, p1, k3, p3, k3
Row 29: k3, p7, k2, p5, k6, (p1, k2) x 5, p1, k3, p3, k3
Row 31: k3, p8, k2, p4, k1, p1, k2, p20, k1, p3, k3
Row 33: k3, p9, k6, p1, k23, p3, k3
Row 35: k3, p9, k6, p1, k23, p3, k3
Row 37: k3, p11, k2, p29, k3
Row 39: k3, p11, k2, p29, k3
Row 41: k3, p42, k3
Row 43: k3, p42, k3
Rows 44 to 47: Knit across.

Bind off.

Copyright 2007 by Val Campbell.
http://nimbleneedles.blogspot.com

If you have downloaded this pattern to knit or cross-stitch please leave a message. (And let me see a photo of your completed works!) Enjoy!

20 comments:

Lindy said...

So very cute! Merry Christmas!

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

I love it!!! Gonna have to try it as soon as i get my christmas knitting done! well for gifts! Huggs Marion

susanmark said...

I LOVE the firetruck. My grandson,Michael loves firetrucks and anything fireman related. This is a perfect pattern for him.

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern and can't wait to get some red yarn so I can make this for DH he is a volunteer firefighter

stitchin' girl said...

Your cloths are really quite cute!! Thanks so much for offering them to us :o)

Anonymous said...

The perfect gift for my firemen cousins.It is so cute.Love it and thank you.
Jane

Anonymous said...

Love the fire truck! I will likely use this pattern to crochet a pillow or wall hanging using the Tunisian (afghan) crochet technique. My young son likes anything with wheels and/or that is red.
Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely fire truck!
I put in on the front of a sweater I knitted for my grandson - he loves it!!!
All the best
ROSEMARY

loraine said...

Thanks for this pattern and chart, Val. I found you on Ravelry. I've signed up as an editor for you since there were no pictures on your pattern pages and I know how to do that, so as soon as you accept the requests I sent, they'll show up on your pattern pages- which is really necessary since they're so cute.

I found you because my 3.5 yr old son and I were looking for fire trucks so I could make him a blanket. Now he'll, like others, will get a cute blanket with your transportation motifs. I might do sports, too, if you want to go there. He's a natural at golf, baseball, basketball, and soccer so far. Hint, hint... :-))) Just if you need something to do. My son is very excited and says, "Thank you very much, Val. That sire engine is really neat." Hah, I was born in 1960...

Thanks!! loraine

Anonymous said...

I love the firetruck! My daughter is a firefighter, so I plan to add this to the back of a sweater pattern for her!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just downloaded this to crossstich on a sweater I'm knitting for my grandson. I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

Thanks so much for sharing!
Jan

beth said...

this pattern is perfect for a bib for a firefighter/friend's new baby. thanks for sharing.

denise said...

thanks for the freebie!!! i'm gonna crosstich it for my nephew.

Vicki said...

Thanks so much for this pattern. I made one for a new 'big' brother since I made a baby feet cloth for his baby brother. I would love to post a photo of the finished product but don't see where I can do this here.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Val, for this wonderful Fire Truck pattern. One grandson will love it!
How fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pattern. Love it. I have a lot of friends & family that are in the firehouse. Will be making a lot.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I am knitted washcloths for Grand nephews and this will be perfect. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy i found this. i've been looking for a simple fire truck pattern to knit into a bib for my fireman friend's baby. thanks so much!

Kaija L. said...

Greetings from Finland! My son loved your fire engine and I knitted him a sweater with the pattern. Ihope you see the photo of the sweater.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1508102_10152157251854836_1322992363_n.jpg

Kathy said...

I have never tried to knit by using a graph, and I am confused ..if I count the blocks on the graph it is 37 stitches across and 16 rows up and down..but looking at the instructions it should be 48 across and 47 up and down? Am I reading it wrong?
Thanks!